Audi A6 2012-2013 Airbag Recall 15V823000
NHTSA Campaign Number: 15V823000
The recall is related to Air Bag deployment. Apparently, the combination of stitching heated/cooled seats prevents PODS (Passenger Occupant Detection System) to operate properly. That means that in case of emergency the car might not deploy an air bag as PODS didn’t communicate there is someone in the seat.
Audi Models Effected
- Audi A6 2012-2013
- Audi A7 2012-2013
Total estimated models effected : 21,074
Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. that owns Audi brand will instruct Audi dealers and how to replace the seat covers free of charge.
How to check if your Audi is recalled?
- You will receive a letter either from Volkswagen Group of American Inc or the dealer.
- You can call Volkwsagen Customer Service and use the code 74C9, so you know that what recall this is referring to
- You can use your VIN number and go to Audi Recall/Service Campaign Lookup
Is it there Audi A6 recall in Canada?
We don’t know. For some reason Audi won’t release this information and if you try searching for your VIN in american website you will get “This vehicle was built for the Canadian market. Please go to www.Audi.ca for further information on Canada recalls.”
Your options are:
- Visit Audi dealer
- Visit Transport Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Database
- Call Audi Customer Service in Canada (They work Monday to Friday from 8am to 9pm ET)